The David Bradley Memorial Prize
In 1988 Professor John and Mrs Brenda Bradley donated funds to the University to establish a Prize to commemorate the memory of their son David Bradley, a student in the Bachelor of Applied Science in Oenology in 1986 and 1987.
- The prize shall be known as ‘The David Bradley Memorial Prize’.
- The prize will have a value of $1000 and may be awarded annually.
- The prize will take the form of :
· A $500 voucher from the Jam Factory
· A $500 cheque for the recipient
The winner will also have their name engraved on a perpetual trophy which remains at Waite Campus
- The prize will be awarded to the graduating student from the Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology and Bachelor of Viticulture & Oenology (Honours) degree programs whose personal qualities, enthusiasm and aptitude indicate the promise of an outstanding contribution to the wine industry.
- The Head of the Department of Wine & Food Science will convene a Committee comprising representatives of the Department who have taught the eligible cohort of students to select the successful candidate. Professor and Mrs Bradley and their son, Paul Bradley, will be provided with the name of the successful candidate and provided with an opportunity to attend the awards ceremony.
- The prize may be withheld in any year if, in the opinion of the Department Committee, no candidate is of sufficient merit to justify the award.
- After the awarding of the prize, any surplus income (or the full income distribution from the Endowment Fund if the prize is not awarded), shall be applied towards books or journals for the Waite Library.
- These rules may be varied from time to time by the Faculty of Sciences in consultation with Professor and Mrs Bradley and Paul Bradley but the title and purpose of the award shall not be changed.
|1988||Krister Jonsson||1989||Njal (Sparky) Marquis|
|1990||Peter Ramon Gago||1991||Adam John Eggins|
|1992||Peter William Godden||1993||Phillip John Dean|
|1994||Jeffrey P. Sinnott||1995||Christopher Duffy
Michael John Kerrigan
|1996||Caroline Grace Dunn||1997||Allen Duncan Hart|
|1998||Alexander D. Mckay||1999||Louise Brightman|
|2000||Freya Alice Hohnen||2001||Andrew Lanauze|
|2002||Daniel Paul Stocker||2003||Alexander Godfrey|
|2004||Stephen Dean Hughes||2005||Benjamin E. Tanzer|
|2006||Mike Brister||2007||Stuart Rusted|
|2008||Matthew Laube||2009||Vanessa Robson|
|2010||Greg Lane||2011||Lara Renee Westaway|
|2012||Melanie Rae Chester||2013||Madalyn Freya Duncan Rivett|
|2014||Cale Otto||2015||Jessica Renae Schrapel|
|2016||Anna Kristina Jorgensen|