The D.B. Adam Memorial Prize
In 1954, a committee of former students and friends of the late David Bonar Adam, BAgSc, paid to the University £300 to establish a prize in his memory. Mr Adam was Reader in Plant Pathology at the Waite Research Institute.
The following rules now apply:-
- The prize shall be called 'The D.B. Adam Memorial Prize' and shall be available annually.
- The value of the prize shall be $350, or such other amount as the University may from time to time determine provided that the value does not exceed the annual income distribution available from the Endowment Fund.
- The prize shall be awarded to the undergraduate student in the Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences program who is the best student in plant pathology and is of sufficient merit as determined by the Program Coordinator (or nominee), after receiving advice from the Student Services Officer, of the School of Agriculture, Food & Wine.
- If in any year the Program Coordinator (or nominee) of the School of Agriculture, Food & Wine considers that no candidate is of sufficient merit no award shall be made and the monies that would have been awarded in that year shall be added to the capital sum in the Endowment Fund.
- The University may vary the rules from time to time in a manner consistent with the University's legal obligations and policies.
|2000||Suzanne Faye Colmagro||2001||Tara Sallows|
|2002||Carol Walker||2003||Matthew Scott Rodda|
|2004||Jenna Del Currie||2005||Amanda Joy Benger|
|2006||Tiffany Megan Barlow||2007||Adam Hall|
|2008||Not Awarded – Prize Under Review||2009||Not Awarded - No Student Of Sufficient Merit|
|2010||Li Wen Cheah||2011||Not Awarded - No Student Of Sufficient Merit|
|2012||John Angas Swincer||2013||Daniel Joseph Grilli|
|2014||Danrui Wu||2015||Hannah Rebecca Kate Mikaljo|
|2016||Brody James Lock|