Agronomy, Agroforestry and Extension
Contact: Dr Ian Nuberg
Our research on sustainable agricultural systems focuses on crop production and agronomy and is particularly relevant to dryland agricultural systems in Australia and overseas. Our international research includes research on biofortification, agroforestry and extension.
- Dr Matthew Denton - managing legumes and nitrogen fixation in farming systems
- A/Prof Gurjeet Gill - crop ecology and tillage systems
- Dr Graham Lyons - agronomic biofortification and cereal salt tolerance
- A/Prof Glenn McDonald - crop physiology and plant nutrition
- Dr Ian Nuberg - international agroforestry and extension
Adjunct, affiliate and visiting researchers
Our research addresses integrated weed management, herbicide resistance, weed ecology and crop-weed interactions in agricultural systems. Learn more: Weed Science Research Group Website.
- A/Prof Christopher Preston - weed ecology and management; management of herbicide resistance in weeds
- A/Prof Gurjeet Gill – weed ecology and management
- Dr Peter Boutsalis – herbicide efficiency and weed management
- Dr Jenna Malone – mechanisms, evolution and inheritance of herbicide resistance
- Dr Mahima Krishnan – understanding resistance to 2,4-D in common sowthistle
- Dr Tijana Petrovic – understanding resistance to 2,4-D in common sowthistle